With the New Year in full swing I have already seen an influx of people in the gyms, and one way to make sure you follow through with your fitness goals in to get a Personal Trainer! Now I am sure you are thinking “It is too expensive, or I don’t need help”… but even fitness professionals can benefit from some time with a trainer! Here are a few reasons why:
- Motivation! Having an appointment gives you a reason to be at the gym, and having someone there cheering you on will increase your chances of sticking with it!
- Injury Prevention: From first time gym-goers to other fitness professionals, having someone there to watch your form and make sure you are doing appropriate exercises for your goals is always helpful!
- Get what you want: A trainer will create a personalized program to get you reaching your goals much faster! Whether this is to lose weight, tone up or shave off those few seconds of your race!
- Variety: Bored with the machines in your gym? A trainer can introduce you to equipment you may not be confident using, or give you some new moves that you can incorporate into your routine.
- Learn: A personal trainer with a recognized certification is a wealth of information- they can probably answer, or find the answer to many of your questions!
- Safety: Having someone there to spot you while lifting heavier weights and reminding you of your form and breathing is always a great thing!
- Gain a friend: Once you get to know your trainer, it will seem more like working out with a friend!
I do know that personal training can be expensive; however you may only need 2 or 3 sessions to learn about form, exercises, etc. Some gyms may also have group personal training which could be a cheaper option. Finally, if getting a trainer is just not in the budget, try some fitness classes. Classes are a great way to learn exercises techniques and stay motivated! Most instructors won’t mind answering any questions you may have after class- so you can still find out the best way to get those rockin’ arms 😉
So get out there, live well and love always!